I’ve had a dishtowel warp on the loom for months. Oh wait, was it only April? That’s not that long…. sigh.
I wound enough warp for six towels, the most I’ve planned for, ever, because I’m not exactly a production weaver. More like a see-where-my-whims-take-me weaver. But, my pattern seems to be that my measuring/estimating skills are not quite up there with the professionals. That last towel turned out to be a placemat. But I love it anyway…. 😉
Truth is, just about all, OK all, of my dishtowel warps have just enough left over for a small mat. My collection is growing.
This warp was threaded in my Circles draft for Turned Taquete. I alternated natural color 10/2 cotton with different color stripes of 10/2 cotton from the stash. The idea was to use up some cones, and I did that. I threaded 32 epi.
Here are a couple of shots of the group:
As you can see I produced dishtowels with the original circles treadling and dishtowels with the checked treadling. I used the 10/2 natural cotton as weft for two of the towels. Then I switched to checks.
As in this drawdown:
I alternated natural and brown on one. On the second I rotated natural, tea rose and camelia.
Then I went back to circles and wove one with all mauve. The short number six was woven with all camelia.
Quite a cheerful bunch, I think. Next up, I will get them photographed and in my etsy shop. It’s a good thing, because I am currently all out of dishtowels and I need to stock up!